Google Ads Header Ready

Blogger URL Is Unknown to Google: What I Checked in Search Console


My new Blogger posts were live, crawlable and inside the sitemap, but Search Console still said the URL was unknown to Google.

Short version: "URL is unknown to Google" usually means Google has not discovered or processed that exact URL yet. On Blogger, I check the public page, sitemap, robots.txt, canonical tag and Search Console before assuming the post is broken.

This is a troubleshooting note from my own Blogger setup, not a perfect textbook guide. I care more about what I can verify on the live page than what a dashboard claims.

Jump to

What this status means on a Blogger site

It does not automatically mean the post is blocked. This is the part I would check before making bigger changes, because small Blogger settings can make a normal post look broken in Search Console.

  • It does not automatically mean the post is blocked.
  • It often shows up when a new URL has not been crawled yet.
  • For a fresh post, I treat it as a discovery problem first, not a penalty.

The checklist I used on Hao Blog

Open the post in a private browser and confirm it returns a normal page. This is the part I would check before making bigger changes, because small Blogger settings can make a normal post look broken in Search Console.

  • Open the post in a private browser and confirm it returns a normal page.
  • Check that the page is listed in /sitemap.xml.
  • Check /robots.txt and make sure the post path is not blocked.
  • Inspect the canonical URL and make sure it points to the post itself.
  • Look for any accidental noindex meta tag.

What was okay in my case

The post returned 200. This is the part I would check before making bigger changes, because small Blogger settings can make a normal post look broken in Search Console.

  • The post returned 200.
  • The sitemap contained the post URL.
  • robots.txt allowed crawling.
  • The canonical URL matched the live post URL.
  • I did not find a noindex tag on the post page.

What I would do next

Submit the URL in Search Console URL Inspection if the post is important. This is the part I would check before making bigger changes, because small Blogger settings can make a normal post look broken in Search Console.

  • Submit the URL in Search Console URL Inspection if the post is important.
  • Add internal links from indexed or stronger posts.
  • Avoid changing the slug repeatedly after publishing.
  • Wait a few days before judging the result.

Mistakes I would avoid

Do not keep editing the permalink while Google is trying to discover it. This is the part I would check before making bigger changes, because small Blogger settings can make a normal post look broken in Search Console.

  • Do not keep editing the permalink while Google is trying to discover it.
  • Do not assume meta description alone fixes indexing.
  • Do not resubmit every hour. It creates anxiety more than progress.

Quick workflow

When I debug Blogger URL is unknown to Google, I try to keep the process boring and repeatable. Guessing wastes time. Checking the live URL first usually saves me from fixing the wrong thing.

My basic flow
1. Check the live URL
2. Check sitemap.xml
3. Check robots.txt and noindex
4. Check canonical/meta output
5. Improve internal links and content quality
6. Request indexing only after the page is stable

Sources I checked

I used official Google/Blogger documentation as the baseline, then compared it with what I could see from Hao Blog's live HTML and Search Console data.

Frequently asked questions

Is URL unknown to Google the same as noindex?

No. noindex is a page directive. URL unknown usually means Google has no useful record for that exact URL yet.

Should I request indexing manually?

For important posts, yes. Google says URL Inspection can request a recrawl, but it does not guarantee indexing.

Can Blogger sitemap fix this by itself?

It helps discovery, but Google can still take time to crawl and index a URL.

Final note

My current approach is simple: fix technical blockers first, make the page useful, add internal links, then give Google time. If the page is crawlable and the content has a clear purpose, the next step is patience plus regular checking, not panic editing.

Harvard Chin Yihao

Harvard Chin Yihao

I explore tech, markets, and build in public. Documenting my journey, practical insights, and DIY projects. Join me as I learn and grow. View Linktree

Comments

  1. **Forex Trading for Beginners Online** provides a simple and accessible way for new traders to understand the world of currency markets and develop essential trading skills. Online forex platforms allow beginners to learn about currency pairs, market trends, technical analysis, and risk management through educational materials and practice accounts. With a user-friendly trading environment, real-time market information, and helpful tools, beginners can gain valuable experience before moving into live trading. By learning effective strategies and maintaining proper risk management, new traders can build confidence and improve their understanding of the forex market from anywhere.
    Contact us Address — 1st Floor, The Sotheby Building, Rodney Bay, Gros-Islet, SAINT Lucia P.O Box 838, Castries, Saint Lucia Phone no — +97144471894 Website — https://winprofx.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Achieving sustainable market longevity demands consistent capital preservation and meticulous position sizing on every entry. Fundedfirm equips ambitious market participants with institutional-grade platform features, generous drawdown parameters, and seamless evaluation structures engineered for rapid scaling. Utilizing a reliable Lot Size Calculator eliminates human calculation errors by instantly mapping your trade volume to your exact stop-loss distance and chosen risk percentage. Supported by low spreads, rapid order execution, and fast withdrawal processing, Fundedfirm delivers a high-performance environment where rigorous risk discipline and sound technical strategy combine to help retail traders reach their highest financial objectives.

    Lot Size Calculator

    ReplyDelete