Google Ads Header Ready

How I Connected Blogger to Hermes Agent for AI-Managed Blog Posting

Short version: I connected this Blogspot blog to Hermes Agent through the official Blogger API, so I can now ask Hermes to draft, edit, and publish posts here directly.

This post is both a record of the setup and a simple explanation of how my new blog workflow works. No special CSS, no complicated layout, just a clean note about the process.

What I Wanted to Do

I wanted a better way to manage posts on Hao Blog at haonotebook.blogspot.com. Instead of manually logging in to Blogger every time, copying text, adding labels, and publishing by hand, I wanted to control the workflow by chatting with an AI assistant.

The goal is not to replace my ideas. The goal is to make publishing easier. I can still decide the topic, direction, tone, and final instruction, while Hermes helps with the operational part: writing, formatting, editing, and posting through the API.

The Setup I Used

The blog is now connected using the official Blogger API v3. I created a Google Cloud OAuth app, enabled Blogger API access, approved the permission with my Google account, and saved the access token locally for Hermes to use.

The important point is that this does not require sharing my Google password. It uses OAuth, which means access can be controlled and revoked from my Google account if needed.

The Exact Blog Connected

I also decided that Hermes should only manage this blog, not my other test Blogspot site, unless I specifically ask for it.

Using Hermes with ChatGPT 5.5 and the OpenAI Codex Provider

For this workflow, I am using Hermes Agent with a ChatGPT 5.5 / GPT-5.5 model through the OpenAI Codex provider. In simple terms, Hermes is the agent layer that can use tools, run scripts, call APIs, remember preferences, and complete tasks. The ChatGPT 5.5 Codex setup is the model/provider side that powers the reasoning and coding actions.

This is useful because normal chat alone can write text, but Hermes can also take action. In this case, it did not only suggest how to connect Blogspot. It actually found the uploaded OAuth JSON file, generated the Google approval link, exchanged the returned OAuth code, verified the Blogger blogs, and published this post through the Blogger API.

That is the main difference for me: the assistant is not just answering questions. It can become part of the publishing workflow.

What Hermes Can Now Help Me Do on This Blog

  • Draft new blog posts from my rough ideas or notes.
  • Rewrite posts to make them clearer and easier to read.
  • Use only my existing blog labels: terminal, markets, craft, guides, and log.
  • Update old posts when I want to improve them.
  • Publish directly to Blogspot when I give permission or ask for direct posting.
  • Keep the format simple without adding unnecessary CSS.

SEO and GEO Writing Approach

I want the blog to be friendly for both search engines and AI answer engines. That means the writing should be clear, direct, and structured in a way that answers real questions.

For SEO, the post should have a clear title, useful headings, simple internal context, and natural keywords such as Blogger API, Blogspot automation, Hermes Agent, AI blog posting, and Google OAuth.

For GEO, or generative engine optimization, the post should make facts easy to extract. That means using plain explanations, lists, specific names, and direct answers instead of vague marketing language.

Why This Matters to Me

This setup makes Hao Blog feel more like a living notebook. I can write about tech, markets, craft, guides, and personal logs without being slowed down by the posting process.

It also fits how I already use AI tools in 2026. I do not want AI only for chatting. I want it to help me build systems, manage workflows, and reduce repetitive work.

Related Blogger and AI writing posts

If you are reading this because you want to improve a Blogger site or connect AI tools to blog publishing, these posts are related:

Frequently Asked Questions

Is this blog fully automated now?

No. The blog is not randomly posting by itself. I still give the instruction. Hermes helps execute the task.

Does Hermes have my Google password?

No. The setup uses Google OAuth and the Blogger API. Access can be revoked from the Google account if needed.

Can Hermes publish posts directly?

Yes. After the Blogger API setup, Hermes can publish directly to Hao Blog when I ask it to.

Will this blog use random labels?

No. I want to keep the blog organized under five labels only: terminal, markets, craft, guides, and log.

Final Note

This post is the first practical record of the new setup. Hao Blog is now connected to Hermes Agent, and future posts can be drafted, edited, and published through this workflow.

For me, that is the point of this notebook: use tools, document the process, and keep building.

Harvard Chin Yihao

Harvard Chin Yihao

I explore tech, markets, and build in public. Documenting my journey, practical insights, and DIY projects. Join me as I learn and grow. View Linktree

Comments