Google Ads Header Ready

Blogger No Image Thumbnail Fix: Theme XML and Image Hosting Notes


The annoying Blogger thumbnail problem taught me that an image existing inside a post is not always enough. The theme and hosting path matter too.

Short version: This is my practical note on Blogger no image thumbnail fix. I am writing it as a working SEO log, not a perfect theory article.

The useful part is not the tool name. The useful part is the repeatable check: look at the live page, then compare it with what Search Console or the platform says.

Jump to

Why I wrote this

I wanted these notes because small platform sites can look okay from the editor while still having weak SEO signals in the public HTML. On a tech blog, I prefer writing down the exact checks instead of trusting memory.

My checklist

For Blogger no image thumbnail fix, I would start with these checks before making bigger changes.

  • Use a real hosted feature image near the top of the post.
  • Avoid huge base64 images inside Blogger post content.
  • Check whether the theme outputs og:image.
  • Check homepage card logic separately from the post page.
  • Prefer Blogger-hosted or Googleusercontent image URLs for final posts.

What I would fix first

I would fix blockers before polishing the article. That means noindex, robots blocks, broken redirects, wrong canonical tags, missing metadata and heavy images come before small wording changes.

Priority order
1. Crawl/index blockers
2. Canonical and sitemap problems
3. Metadata and preview tags
4. Internal links
5. Content depth and screenshots

How I would verify it

I would verify the live page, not only the editor preview. For Blogger, this means opening the public URL, checking the HTML output, checking Search Console when available and making sure the result still matches the intended page.

  • Fetch the public URL and confirm the page loads.
  • Check title, meta description, canonical and robots tags.
  • Check whether the page appears in the sitemap when it should.
  • Use Search Console for URL inspection when the page is important.

Sources I checked

I would use official docs as the baseline, then compare them with the live output from the site.

FAQ

Is Blogger no image thumbnail fix worth writing about?

Yes, if the post includes real checks, screenshots or site evidence. A generic article is weaker than a troubleshooting log.

Should I publish this immediately?

I would review the draft first, add any screenshots, then publish after the search description and slug are ready.

What is the SEO goal?

The goal is to answer a specific long-tail query clearly enough that Google and readers can understand the page quickly.

Final note

My rule is simple: make the page technically clean, make the answer useful, then give Google time. Panic editing usually creates more problems than it solves.

Harvard Chin Yihao

Harvard Chin Yihao

I explore tech, markets, and build in public. Documenting my journey, practical insights, and DIY projects. Join me as I learn and grow. View Linktree

Comments